Shepparton Visitor Information
Located in the heart of Victoria's food bowl, Shepparton is a vibrant regional city that offers visitors a range of attractions and activities.
Things to See and Do
- Shepparton Art Museum: This modern art museum showcases a range of contemporary Australian and international art.
- Aquamoves: This state-of-the-art aquatic center offers a range of pools, water slides, and fitness facilities.
- Victoria Lake: A picturesque lake in the center of Shepparton that offers walking paths, picnic areas, and paddleboat rentals.
- Shepparton Farmers' Market: The monthly farmers' market features a range of local producers selling fresh produce, meat, and artisanal products.
- Mooving Art: A unique outdoor sculpture exhibition featuring fiberglass cows that have been painted by local artists.
Shepparton is located approximately 2 hours north of Melbourne by car. The city is also serviced by V/Line trains and buses.
Shepparton offers a range of accommodation options including hotels, motels, apartments, and caravan parks. Some popular options include:
- Quest Shepparton: A modern apartment hotel located in the city center.
- Big4 Shepparton Park Lane: A family-friendly caravan park with cabins and camping sites.
- The Carrington Hotel: A historic hotel located in the heart of Shepparton with an on-site restaurant and bar.
Shepparton experiences a Mediterranean climate with warm to hot summers and cool winters. The best time to visit is between October and April when the weather is warmer and there is less chance of rain.
Plan Your Visit
For more information about Shepparton and to plan your visit, check out the Visit Shepparton website.